Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtIf you have a complaint about your car, file it with the dealer, lender, or manufacturer. If you don't get results, you can contact a state or federal government agency. If your complaint is about:
- Deceptive car ads or dealers — File a complaint with your state consumer protection agency and the .
- Auto loans or payments — File a complaint with the .
- Car warranty — Contact your state's attorney general. But, if you bought a used car from a private owner, the warranty may not be valid.
- Safety of your car, child car seats, or tires — File a complaint with the .
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtSome agencies will investigate your complaint. Others accept complaints so that they can file a case against the company in the future.
A car is a "lemon" when it's determined that the vehicle is defective beyond repair. Most states have some form of a lemon law to protect car buyers. These laws tend to only apply to new cars. Check with your state's consumer protection office to see if they also cover used cars. Each state has its own requirements, but common factors to qualify as a lemon include:
- Number of miles driven — The defects had to happen within a certain number of months or miles driven.
- Major defects — Defects have to involve the actual operation of the car. Examples include the ignition, brakes, engine, or transmission.
- Repair attempts — You have to give mechanics multiple chances to repair the problems.
- Number of days in the shop — Your car has to have been in the mechanic's shop for a significant number of days within a year.
To get your problem resolved, first contact the car manufacturer. Send the manufacturer a complaint letter by certified mail detailing the problems. Include copies of work orders and invoices, and your request for a refund or other solution. If the manufacturer doesn’t help, you still may be able to resolve the problem. Many car contracts have mandatory arbitration clauses to settle disputes. Get the rules from your state attorney general or consumer protection office.
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtAlso, contact the . This lemon law complaint program covers car warranty issues against participating manufacturers.