- For more information, visit .
- The provides environmental information and contacts for small businesses.
Wildlife and Endangered Species Protection
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtThe was signed in 1973 to provide for the protection and conservation of threatened and endangered plants and animals as well as their habitats. The and the are responsible for administering the ESA:
- Learn which and the measures that are being taken to protect them.
- These enforce the protection of threatened species.
Laws Governing Pesticide Use on Food
The and EPA have a cooperative arrangement to carry out the . The FDA has responsibility over the safety of food and any substance that is applied to the human body.
Environmental Concerns at Work
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtThe , a part of the U.S. Department of Labor, deals with problems with the environment inside the workplace. This includes the presence or handling of chemicals and noxious fumes.
Find State, Local, and Tribal Offices That Handle Environmental Concerns
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtMany environmental programs have been delegated to the states and they have primary responsibility over them. In addition, some environmental laws and regulations apply to tribal government operations.
- For issues handled by state agencies, refer to the .
- If you have local concerns, .
- The has information on EPA's laws and regulations that apply to tribal governments.
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtIf you see something that immediately threatens public health or the environment, report it as an emergency first, and then report it as a possible violation. The explains more about the .
Examples of Environmental Emergencies
Environmental emergencies are a sudden threat to the public health or the well-being of the environment and can include:
- Oil, natural gas, and chemical spills/releases
- Radiation emergencies
- Biological discharges
- Transportation accidents
Report Non-Emergency Environmental Violations
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtEnvironmental violations occur when an activity or an existing condition does not comply with an environmental law or regulation and can include:
- Smoke or other emissions from local industrial facilities
- Tampering with emission control or air conditioning systems in automobiles
- Improper treatment, storage, or disposal of hazardous wastes
- Exceedances of pollutant limits at publicly-owned wastewater treatment plants
- Unpermitted dredging or filling of waters and wetlands
- Unpermitted industrial activity
- Late-night dumping or any criminal activity including falsifying reports or other documents
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtYou can with the EPA, or by calling an .
If the EPA cannot address the problem, they will forward it to or direct you to contact the appropriate authority.
Report Pesticide Poisoning or Spills
- If someone has swallowed or inhaled a pesticide or gotten it in their eyes or on their skin, contact the at 1-800-222-1222.
- For help with a poisoned pet, contact the at 1-888-426-4435 or the at 1-855-764-7661.
- Report pesticide poisoning to your .
- For small pesticide spills, contact the of the product to find out how to clean up the spill.
Report Ground, Drinking, and Bottled Water Problems
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtUse the for your comments or drinking water questions.
Report complaints about drinking or groundwater by calling the Safe Drinking Water Hotline at 1-800-426-4791.
File complaints about bottled water with the Food and Drug Administration:
Do you have a question?
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốt Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.
Last Updated: July 1, 2019