- Read the privacy policies from companies that you interact with. Look for privacy statements on websites, sales materials, and forms that you fill out.
- Find out how organizations protect your information from hackers and .
- Opt-out from organizations' subscription lists.
- Create strong passwords for your online accounts. Update your passwords, especially if a company reports a data breach.
- Use a VPN when you're on public wifi. VPN encrypts any data you send over a network.
- Disable cookies to prevent companies from tracking your online browsing habits.
- Find out from your state or local consumer agency if your state has laws to protect your privacy.
- Defines your health information rights
- Sets rules and limits on who has permission to see your health records.
Protect Your Medical Privacy
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtTake steps to protect your health privacy:
- Read the fine print on medical authorization forms. Check for clauses that release your medical information.
- Request a copy of your medical records so you know what's in them.
Report Medical Privacy Violations
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốtIf a doctor, insurer, or health care provider has violated your HIPAA Rights:
- with the Office of Civil Rights (OCR).
- Listen to recorded information about filing complaints at 1-866-627-7748 (TDD: 1-800-537-7697).
Do you have a question?
Kết quả xổ số hôm nay tốt Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.
Last Updated: June 15, 2020